Our standard shipping methods is Express Mail Service (EMS). We ship our products to almost every country in the world via EMS. This is the most secure and fastest way to ship internationally at this time from Japan. It offers a suitable package tracking system. The products are insured without your special request.
For details, please refer to Japan Post website at http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/ems/index_en.html
Usually EMS takes approximately 3 to 5 working days from Kyoto, Japan.(After we have shipped your order.) Please note, however, the actual delivery time may be longer depending on many factors beyond our control. In the rare case that customs checks the shipment, the package will likely need additional days to reach its destination.It also tends to be slower around the holidays,especially congested at the end of the year around Christmas and New Years.During Japanese National Holidays there may be slight delays in processing orders as our shops will be closed. On those occasions, we will process and ship the orders the next working day.
Customs duty and other taxes may be charged when a shipment reaches your country. If applicable, please pay those costs directly to the delivery agents or the customs office. Policies on those taxes vary in each country. Please contact the customs office at your country for more details.
Rates of Customs Duties on Tea Leaves
- United States---no duty
- Canada---no duty
- Australia---no duty
- United Kingdom---no duty up to 32 Pound (3.2 % over 32 Pound)
- European Union---no duty up to 45 Euro (3.2 % over 45 Euro)
- United Arab Emirates---no duty
- Brazil---no duty up to 50US dollar (10% over 50US dollar)
- Russian Federation---no duty up to 5,000US dollar (20% over 5,000US dollar)
- Singapore---no duty
- Taiwan---no duty up to 300TW dollar (19.4% over 300TW dollar)
- China---no duty up to 1,000 Yuan (15% over 1,000 Yuan)
- The Republic of Korea---no duty up to 100,000 Won (513.6% over 100,000 Won)
Only a few countries prohibit importing tea leaves
- Sri Lanka